Friday, June 17, 2011

6/18 i hate world of warcraft's topics - tribe.net

     
    i hate world of warcraft's topics - tribe.net    
   
Customer service? Is there such a thing?
June 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM
 
I had decided that World of Warcraft was just taking up too much of my time so I had decided to cancel my subscription and not use it for the 2 months that I still had on it. It hadn't helped that I'd had a problem after a patch that took a week to solve with my last solution being to download the entire application again - no thanks to their support crew who seem to have two ideas .. one is printed on the standard email they spam you with .. the other is spend 2 days downloading wow again because they can't be bothered finding out what the real problem is.

Anyway, yesterday I received a whole stack of emails from Blizzard saying there had been strange activity of my account. I initially thought they were fishing emails but logged in to Battle.net anyway which seemed fine.

So then I logged in to WoW ...

I had five naked level 80s with empty banks and bags .. but with FULL mailboxes .. and messages from Blizzard on mailbox items that said returned goods from account being restored after being hacked. How did they know I'd been hacked?

OMG The hackers contacted Blizzard asking for a restore!!

So I immediately changed my Battle.net password .. and the hackers immediately had it reset and locked me out of WoW!

Manic had set in when I tried to change my passwords .. Panic set it after this. So now I had to reset all my email account passwords just in case .. and I couldn't trust anything coming in through them.

I tried to do a support entry through battle.net without an account .. didn't achieve that goal. I could probably have resolved some payment issues but not 'I've been hacked!" support issues. (and yes I filled in the 'did this page answer your question' field and sent it)

It was then I worked out that I still had access to Battle.net .. thank god for the 'feature' of keeping you logged in even after a password change so I put in a ticket to have my battle.net and wow shut down. Finally I'd done something and after clicking send it sent me back to the ticket list screen where my 'other' ticket was sitting showing 'resolved'. The hackers had used MY battle.net to have my account restored. They had written a short note and in 1.5 hours it was all back for them to steal again!!! I NEVER got that service from Blizzard. I still haven't!

I hopped on my husbands computer and logged into his wow account and put in a support ticket .. I got back on this morning and the support ticket was GONE. Thanks for giving my stuff to hackers TWICE and helping me ZERO.

So, lets discuss how this could have happened.

I don't buy gold .. I don't need to because I'm an ok player and I don't need anything that costs more than I have.

I don't join online forums except for WoWs so I use my battle.net details as you have to.

I have a Mac and WoW is used on the OSX side.

I have a firewall.

I am in IT and I'm a network administrator amongst other things.

So where did they get my information Blizzard? Did you allow all our accounts and passwords to be stolen and not tell us? Can they take their time working through the list? Is that why its so easy for them to clean us out?

As a game WoW is great. As a business Blizzard is most insecure nightmare I've ever seen. They appear to be doing less than nothing about the gold spammers and account stealers. They've automated the restore process to make it easier for our gear to be restored and stolen over and over again and their process of dismissing tickets without even talking to people .. customer service at its finest!

Blizzard Update:

After putting in another GM ticket on my husbands Wow Account asking to speak to a GM about it I was sent an nice response in game telling me to check my email, or phone a US phone number during PST. I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA!!!! No thanks, I wouldn't want to speak to a real person .. Blizzard are obviously way too busy to talk to someone who's been paying you money for the last 4 years.

I particularly like how Blizzards standard in-game reply told me account security was MY responsibility. I pretty much think I covered MY responsibility .. how about Blizzards? Maybe their people can go have a look at other games out there and see coin locking .. pin numbers .. and other account security features that show that they are taking their responsibility seriously.

Thanks for your help Blizzard .. keep my stuff and my naked toons. If you can't be bothered speaking to me I'll go do something else - you can be sure I'll be telling everyone who will listen about my experience.
posted in i hate world of warcraft - 0 replies
   
     
 
This email was sent to cjt0723.wowaddiction@blogger.com.
Delivered by Feed My Inbox
PO Box 682532 Franklin, TN 37068
Account Login
Unsubscribe Here Feed My Inbox
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment